|提及的人：||Samuel Loyd; William S Hamilton|
David Bannister Morgan
|注意：||This manuscript group includes materials originally accessioned as Mss. 668, 1096, 2883.|
Letters, legal documents, and a plat comprise this collection. Letters relate to military orders given by Morgan as commander of the Louisiana militia at the Battle of New Orleans, concerning two mulattoes held at camp (1815), a note due to Citizens' Bank of New Orleans (1844), and Morgan's opposition to William S. Hamilton's candidacy for governor of Louisiana (Nov. 24,1830) [photocopy]. Documents used to secure the loan accompany the letter to Citizens' Bank (1832-1843). The plat, drawn by Morgan for Samuel Loyd, shows the boundaries of a tract of land located in the vicinity of Caston Bayou and Lake Pontchartrain, La.
- New Orleans, Battle of, New Orleans, La., 1815.
- Banks and banking -- Louisiana -- New Orleans.
- Racially mixed people -- Louisiana.
- Louisiana. -- Militia.
- Pontchartrain, Lake (La.)
- Louisiana -- Politics and government -- 1803-1865.
- Loyd, Samuel.
- Hamilton, William S. -- (William Southerland), -- b. 1789.