Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||David Johnson; Barbara Asbury Herndon Johnson; Langdon Cheves Johnson; Edward Coke Johnson; Thomas Johnson; Elizabeth Dabney Johnson; William Bullein Johnson; James Shields; David William Johnson; Johnson family.; Pierce Mason Butler|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
David Johnson; Langdon Cheves Johnson; Mary W Johnson; Thomas Johnson; James Shields; David William Johnson
|Description:||65 items and 1 volumes|
A short letter, 1815, from Congressman Samuel Rossiter Betts, then serving as United States Representative from the seventh district of New York, to future South Carolina governor David Johnson, reporting that Congress would soon begin discussing a new tariff bill as well as a new bill related to establishment of the Second Bank of the United States.
Correspondence, 1830-1854 (18 letters), from various places in South Carolina (Columbia, Limestone Springs, and Lockhart Shoals), from David Johnson to his son, Edward, re plantation management, requests for provisions, qualifications of a good teacher, and the success of a doctor in Charleston in treating the deaf and blind; 2 letters, 14 June and 21 Sept. 1852, from Langdon Cheves Johnson to his brother, Edward Coke Johnson, in Floyd County (Georgia); and 8 letters, 18 Jan. - 31 Dec. 1866, David William Johnson to his brother, Edward Coke Johnson, re settlement of an estate.
Letter, 2 Sept. 1847, Limestone Springs (S.C.), from Ja[me]s Shields, Head Quarters, 1st Brigade Volunteers Division (San Augustin, [Mexico]), re military activities of the Palmetto Regiment and the death of Pierce Mason Butler; obituary and eulogy of David Johnson, 1855; and typescript volume, 1985, "History of Gov. David and Barbara Herndon Johnson and Their Known Descendants," compiled by Mary W. Johnson.
- Johnson, David, -- 1782-1855.
- Johnson, Barbara Asbury Herndon, -- 1788-1837.
- Johnson, Langdon Cheves, -- 1819-1869 -- Correspondence.
- Johnson, Edward Coke, -- 1808-1882 -- Correspondence.
- Johnson, Thomas, -- 1786- -- Correspondence.
- Johnson, Elizabeth Dabney, -- 1765- -- Correspondence.
- Johnson, William Bullein, -- 1782-1862.
- Shields, James, -- 1806-1879 -- Correspondence.
- Johnson, David William, -- 1815-1902 -- Correspondence.
- Johnson family.
- Butler, Pierce Mason, -- 1798-1847 -- Death and burial.
- Decedents' estates -- South Carolina.
- Deaf -- Rehabilitation -- South Carolina -- Charleston.
- Blind -- Rehabilitation -- South Carolina -- Charleston.
- Plantations -- South Carolina -- Management.
- Governors -- South Carolina -- Correspondence.
- Mexican War, 1846-1848 -- Personal narratives.
- South Carolina -- Genealogy.
- Union County (S.C.) -- Social life and customs.
- South Carolina -- Social life and customs.
- United States. -- Army. -- South Carolina Regiment.