|提及的人：||J Robert Oppenheimer|
Jon Else; David Webb Peoples; Janet Peoples; Paul Frees; KTEH-TV (Television station : San Jose, Calif.); Pyramid Home Video (Firm)
|注意：||Originally produced in 1980.|
|餘額：||Camera, Tom McDonough, David Espar, Stephen Lighthill ; editors, David Peoples, Ralph Wikke ; music, Martin Bresnick.|
|表演者：||Narrator, Paul Frees.|
|描述：||1 videocassette (90 min.) : sd., col. w/ b & w seq. ; 1/2 in.|
|詳述：||VHS ; hi-fi, mono.|
|其他題名：||J. Robert Oppenheimer & the atomic bomb
J. Robert Oppenheimer and the atomic bomb
|責任：||produced by Jon Else in association with KTEH, San Jose ; executive producer, Peter Baker ; a film by Jon Else ; produced and directed by Jon Else ; written by David Peoples, Janet Peoples, Jon Else.|
A documentary on the life of J. Robert Oppenheimer, focusing on his role in the development of the atomic bomb during World War II. The film examines the life of Oppenheimer and the development of the bomb, from its beginning as the weapon to defeat the Axis powers through the aftermath of its use on Japan. Finally, it focuses on Oppenheimer's opposition to the continued development of nuclear weapons during the McCarthy era of the 1950s. Features archival footage and commentary from scientists and soldiers directly involved with the Manhattan Project.
- Oppenheimer, J. Robert, -- 1904-1967.
- Manhattan Project (U.S.) -- History.
- United States. -- Army. -- Corps of Engineers. -- Manhattan District -- History.
- United States -- History, Military -- 20th century.
- Physicists -- United States -- Biography.
- Atomic bomb -- United States -- History.
- Nuclear weapons -- United States -- History.
- Trinity Site (N.M.)