Cheryl Foggo; Qin Leng
|描述：|| p. : col. ill. ; 23 cm.|
|責任：||written by Cheryl Foggo ; illustrated by Qin Leng.|
After his parents die, seven-year-old Maiko leaves his village in Africa to live across the ocean with his aunt and uncle. When he thinks of home, he thinks of the big baobab tree at the center of the village. In his new home, Maiko feels a special connection to the small spruce tree in the front yard, especially when he finds out it is the same age as he is. Like his beloved baobab, this tree also sings to him and shares his secrets. When he learns that the little spruce is in danger of being cut down, Maiko tries to save it.
- Africans -- United States -- Fiction.
- Friendship -- Fiction.
- Orphans -- Fiction.
- Baobab -- Fiction.
- Spruce -- Fiction.
- Africans -- United States -- Juvenile fiction.
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction.
- Orphans -- Juvenile fiction.
- Baobab -- Juvenile fiction.
- Spruce -- Juvenile fiction.
- Picture books for children.
- United States.