Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Generoso Pope; Generoso Pope; Pope family.; Generoso Pope; Generoso Pope; Pope family.|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Paul David Pope
|Notes:||"A Philip Turner book"--T.p.|
|Description:||xix, 396 p.,  p. of plates : ill., geneal. table, map ; 25 cm.|
|Contents:||Foreword: A tale of three sons --
Prologue: A meeting with Frank Costello --
An empire built on sand --
Crowning political kings --
Publishing a newspaper for Missy Smith --
Afterword: The Enquirer up for sale.
|Responsibility:||Paul David Pope.|
The National Enquirer is celebrated on the eve of its 60th anniversary by Pope's powerful biography of its creators, the family patriarchs. The book, which sometimes reads like a straightforward Puzo
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
The book was boring and uneventful. Go to www.loispope.com for free and get the truth. Paul Pope is just a spoiled brat trying to change his image as a worthless human being like his mother Lois Pope. The Popes have a real serious desire to pretend to be anything other than what they really are....sneaky,Italian...
- 1 of 1 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
- Pope, Generoso, -- 1891-1950.
- Pope, Generoso, -- 1927-1988.
- Pope family.
- National enquirer (New York, N.Y. : 1957) -- History
- Progresso italo-americano -- History.
- Publishers and publishing -- United States -- Biography.
- Tabloid newspapers -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Newspaper publishing -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- New York (N.Y.) -- History -- 20th century.
- National enquirer (New York, N.Y. : 1957) -- History.
- Newspapers -- United States -- History.
- New York (N.Y.) -- History.