Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Donkin, W. F. (William Fishburn), 1814-1869.
Defence of voting against the propositions to be submitted to Convocation on Feb. 13, 1845.
Oxford, : John Henry Parker: London, Rivingtons., MDCCCXLV
|Named Person:||William George Ward; William George Ward; John Henry Newman|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
W F Donkin; John Henry Parker; I Shrimpton; Rivingtons (Firm),
|Notes:||Concerns the motion, due to be voted on by Convocation on 13 February 1845, to censure Ward's book "The ideal of a Christian church considered in comparison with existing practice" (1844) and Newman's "Tract 90" ("Remarks on certain passages in the Thirty-nine Articles"), and to strip Ward of his degree.
"Oxford: Printed by I. Shrimpton." - verso of title-leaf etc.
|Description:||7,  p. ; 22 cm.|
|Responsibility:||By W. F. Donkin, M.A.|
- Ward, William George, -- 1812-1882. -- Ideal of a Christian church considered in comparison with existing practice.
- Ward, William George, -- 1812-1882.
- Church of England -- Doctrines -- History -- 19th century.
- Church of England. -- Thirty-nine Articles.
- University of Oxford -- Religion -- History -- 19th century.
- University of Oxford. -- Convocation -- History -- 19th century.
- University of Oxford -- Statutes.
- Ecclesiastical law -- England -- History -- 19th century.
- Newman, John Henry, -- 1801-1890. -- Remarks on certain passages in the Thirty-nine Articles.
- Oxford movement -- England -- Oxford.