Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||William Berkson; Cleve Gray; Clement Greenberg; Rosalind E Krauss; David Smith; David Smith; David Smith; Dan Budnik; Eliot Elisofon; Alexander Liberman; Ugo Mulas; Frank O'Hara|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Celia Hartmann; Museum of Modern Art (New York, N.Y.). Department of Publications.
|In:||Museum of Modern Art (New York, N.Y.)|
|Notes:||Finding aid prepared by Celia Hartmann.|
|Description:||13 linear ft. (13 5" manuscript boxes, 2 4 x 6" card boxes, 1 16 x 20" flat box)|
The collection includes correspondence among the Department of Publications and other MoMA staff members, and with the contributors during the book's planning and aftermath; photo reproductions of the book's mock-up by Gray; extensive catalogue entries and correspondence with individual and institutional owners of Smith works compiled by Rosalind Krauss; various drafts of William Berkson's chronology of Smith's life, with his accompanying correspondence and research notes; photocopies of Frank O'Hara's contributions to exhibitions of Smith's work at MoMA, and information on a televised interview he conducted with Smith; as well as extensive photographic documentation of Smith and his works, including images by Dan Budnik, Eliot Elisofon, Alexander Liberman, Ugo Mulas, and Smith himself.
- Museum of Modern Art (New York, N.Y.). -- Department of Publications -- Archives.
- Berkson, William -- Archives.
- Gray, Cleve -- Archives.
- Greenberg, Clement, -- 1909-1994 -- Archives.
- Krauss, Rosalind E. -- Archives.
- Smith, David, -- 1906-1965. -- David Smith by David Smith.
- Smith, David, -- 1906-1965.
- Smith, David, -- 1906-1965 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Budnik, Dan.
- Elisofon, Eliot.
- Liberman, Alexander, -- 1912-1999.
- Mulas, Ugo.
- O'Hara, Frank, -- 1926-1966.