Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Printed wrappers (Binding)
|Named Person:||William Burr; William Burr|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
William Burr; Lorenzo G Chase; Dutton and Wentworth,; J.H. Bufford & Co.,
|Notes:||Wrapper title: Burr's pictorial voyage to Canada, American frontier, and the Saguenay, embracing full and accurate views and descriptions of the monuments, cities, ruins, lakes, falls and rapids, of British America; also views of the Republican border along the shores of Lake Erie and both banks of the Niagara River, Lake Ontario and the St. Lawrence; likewise, a picturesque pilgrimage up the remote and sublime Saguenay River, situated in the Hudson's Bay Territory. The mirror, the largest and most elaborately finished moving painting ever executed by man, is explained in an oral lecture by the proprietor, William Burr.
Frontispiece portrait of William Burr signed: Daguerreotyped by Chase. J.H. Bufford & Cos. Lith. Boston.
Another edition, also printed by Dutton & Wentworth in 1850, is without the statement "Copyright secured" on title page.
Map, on verso of title page, has title: A map of the lakes and rivers illustrated on Burr's seven mile mirror.
"Programme of a few of the most prominent objects and places exhibited on the mirror."--p.  of wrapper.
"Testimonials" and "Opinions of the press."--p. -48.
|Description:||48 p.,  leaf of plates : 1 port., map ; 24 cm.|
|Other Titles:||Burr's pictorial voyage to Canada, American frontier, and the Saguenay.|
- Burr, William, -- 1810- -- Portraits.
- Great Lakes Region (North America) -- Description and travel.
- Saint Lawrence River Valley -- Description and travel.
- Panoramas -- Great Lakes Region (North America)
- Panoramas -- Saint Lawrence River Valley.
- Great Lakes Region (North America) -- In art.
- Saint Lawrence River Valley -- In art.
- Canada -- Descriptions et voyages.
- Burr, William, -- 1810-
- Great Lakes Region.
- North America -- Saint Lawrence River Valley.