Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||ix, 243 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||1. Ecology and Design --
2. Architecture and Its Ecological Impact --
3. Framework for Ecological Design --
4. External Ecological Interdependencies of the Built Environment --
5. Internal Ecological Interdependencies of the Built Environment --
6. External-to-Internal Ecological Interdependencies of the Built Environment --
7. Internal-to-External Ecological Interdependencies of the Built Environment --
8. Ecological Design.
Unlike other books that offer a piece-meal approach to ecological design, Designing With Nature provides you with a comprehensive framework for planning and executing projects that bring environmental awareness and sensitivity to every facet of your work. Get state-of-the-art information on such innovative methods as low-energy and bioclimatic design, recycling and disposal of materials, ecological land-use planning, natural resource management, selecting building materials with a long life span and low maintenance costs, designing "low-environmental-impact" buildings and more!