Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||325 p. ; 20 cm.|
|Series Title:||Aubrey/Maturin novels.|
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
Remembering Why I'm Here
I read Desolation Island by Patrick O’Brian. In this novel one of the things that O’Brien is trying to show the readers is what it means to be a true ship Captain. The novel discusses the hardships of going underway and leaving a family at home, but yet staying true to the crew and being...
- Was this review helpful to you?
- Aubrey, Jack (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Maturin, Stephen (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Great Britain -- History, Naval -- 19th century -- Fiction.
- Ship physicians -- Fiction.
- Ship captains -- Fiction.
User lists with this item (7)
- The Jack Aubrey Novels(30 items)
by WillCaine updated 2014-05-01
- Sea Literature Available in the CGA Library(90 items)
by uscgalibrary updated 2013-03-03
- Aubrey-Maturin Series(25 items)
by karchase updated 2011-12-11
- Sea Lit summer 2010(37 items)
by bckrautler updated 2010-06-28
- Things to Check Out(68 items)
by bckrautler updated 2010-03-31