|类型/形式：||Criticism, interpretation, etc|
|提及的人：||D H Lawrence; D H Lawrence; David Herbert Lawrence; David H Lawrence|
|描述：||250 pages illustrations 26 cm|
|内容：||D.H. Lawrence and the movements of modern culture / Diana Trilling --
Memoir of D.H. Lawrence / Barbara Weekley Barr --
Frieda and Lawrence / David Garnett --
D.H. Lawrence and his district / Alan Sillitoe --
D.H. Lawrence, England, and the war / Stephen Spender --
The novels of D.H. Lawrence / Frank Kermode --
Women in D.H. Lawrence's works / Barbara Hardy --
D.H. Lawrence's doctrine / John Carey --
D.H. Lawrence and homosexuality / Jeffrey Meyers --
D.H. Lawrence in transit / Clive James --
D.H. Lawrence and America / Tony Tanner --
"Till the fight is finished": D.H. Lawrence in his letters / Denis Donoghue --
Lawrence's poetry : the single state of man / A. Alvarez --
The poetry of D.H. Lawrence--with a glance at Shelley / Edward Lucie-Smith --
D.H. Lawrence and painting / John Russell.
Lawrence was a novelist in the English tradition and also a prophet who related all his ideas to the restless debate going on in his mind about love and sex. The extremes of his personality and his views have provoked nearly all the contributors in this volume to write far beyond the space allotted to each. Some of these essays will be essential reading to the Lawrence student, whilst the collection as a whole will provide an important introduction to him in his time, his friends, and the many places in which he lives and worked.
- Lawrence, D. H. -- (David Herbert), -- 1885-1930 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Psychological fiction, English -- History and criticism.
- Poetry -- Psychological aspects.
- Lawrence, D. H. -- (David Herbert), -- 1885-1930.
- Psychological fiction, English.
- Lawrence, David Herbert, -- (1885-1930) -- Critique et interprétation.
- Lawrence, David H.
- Lawrence, D.H.
- Poetry -- Psychological aspects
- Psychological fiction, English -- History and criticism