A Dictionary of Female Occupations : Women's Employment 1850-1950.
Luton : Andrews UK Limited, ©2011
|描述：||1 online resource (290 pages)|
|内容：||Cover; Contents; Front Matter; Title Page; Publisher Information; Introduction; The Occupations; A; B; C; D; E; F; G; H; I; J; K; L; M; N; O; P; Q; R; S; T; U; V; W; Back Matter; Finding Out More; Useful Addresses; Also Available.|
This is a carefully researched A-Z of women's employment, covering over 100 years of change. The entries themselves are based on an encyclopaedic approach, each full of interest and information, as they chart the steadily evolving status of women and the career opportunities open to them. Early occupations considered socially suitable included nurse, fisherwoman, barmaid and stone picker. The decline of domestic service and the effect of two World Wars, gave way to the modern era of access f ...
- Women -- Employment -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.
- Women -- Employment -- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century.
- Women -- Great Britain -- Economic conditions -- 19th century.
- Women -- Great Britain -- Economic conditions -- 20th century.
- Women -- Great Britain -- Social conditions -- 19th century.
- Women -- Great Britain -- Social conditions -- 20th century.