Herman Koch; Sam Garrett
|ISBN:||9780770437855 0770437850 9780385346849 0385346840|
|描述：||292 p. ; 22 cm|
|責任：||Herman Koch ; translated from the Dutch by Sam Garrett.|
One summer evening two couples (two brother and their wives) meet for dinner at a fashionable restaurant in Amsterdam. Behind their polite conversation, terrible things need to be said, and with every forced smile and every new course, the knives are being sharpened. Each couple has a fifteen-year-old son. The two boys are united by their accountability for a single horrific act; an act that has triggered a police investigation and shattered the comfortable, insulated worlds of their families. As the dinner reaches its culinary climax, the conversation finally touches on their children. As civility and friendship disintegrate, each couple show just how far they are prepared to go to protect those they love. -- From book jacket.
- Families -- Netherlands -- Fiction.
- Amsterdam (Netherlands) -- Fiction.
- Netherlands -- Amsterdam.
- "P" Lamson's Newest Acquisitions in Language and Literature(452 資料)
由 LamsonFitz 已更新 大約三週前
- Things to Check Out(45 資料)
由 phoenixcjs 已更新 2015-09-04
- New Books March 2015(177 資料)
由 BrookensLibrary 已更新 2015-04-02
- Books I've Read, two(35 資料)
由 davidwh 已更新 2015-02-12
- New Books August 2014(28 資料)
由 BrookensLibrary 已更新 2014-10-03