Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Ellen J Langer; Steven Hassan; Robert B Cialdini; Irving I Gottesman; E Fuller Torrey; Hans H Strupp; Rollo May; Judith Rodin; Neal Miller; Malcolm Cohen; Stephen J Ceci; James Maas; John Gabrieli; Stephen Michael Kosslyn; Hazel Markus; Kaipeng Peng; Ricardo F Muñoz; Philip G Zimbardo; Annenberg/CPB Collection (Firm)
|Description:||1 videodisc (240 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.|
|Contents:||19. The power of situation --
20. Constructing social reality --
21. Psychopathology --
22. Psychotherapy --
23. Health, mind, and behavior --
24. Applying psychology in life --
25. cognitive neuroscience --
26. Cultural psychology.
|Other Titles:||Power of situation.
Constructing social reality.
Health, mind, and behavior.
Applying psychological in life.
|Responsibility:||with Phlip Zimbardo.|
20. Constructing social reality. Shows how understanding psychological processes may help us to be more empathetic and independent. With Steven Hassan and Dr. Robert Cialdini.
21. Psychopathology. Describes major types of mental illness including schizophrenia, phobias, and affective disorders, along with biological and psychological factors that affect them. With Dr. Irving Gottesman and Dr. E. Fuller Torrey.
22. Psychotherapy. Surveys the relationships among theory, research and practice and how treatment of psychological disorders has been influenced by historical, cultural and social forces. With Dr. Hans Strupp and Dr. Rollo May.
23. Health, mind, and behavior. Discusses the relationship between mind and body in terms of the bio-psychosocial model which is replacing the traditional biomedical model. With Dr. Judith Rodin and Dr. Neal Miller.
24. Applying psychology in life. Shows how psychology is being applied in the areas of human factors, law, and conflict negotiation. With Dr. Malcolm Cohen, Dr. Stephen Ceci of Cornell University, and Dr. James Maas.
25. Cognitive neuroscience. Discusses cognitive neuroscience, the attempt to understand mental processes at the level of brain function rather than from information-processing models or theories. With Dr. John Gabrieli and Dr. Stephen Kosslyn.
26. Cultural psychology. Looks at cultural psychology, which centers on how culture influences much of what we are and what we do. With Dr. Hazel Markus, Dr. Kaipeng Peng and Dr. Ricardo Munoz.