Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||1 online resource.|
|Contents:||1. Irish emigrants and family history: a new approach 2. The context: Irish emigration and Stafford 3. Stafford's Irish families: the overall picture 4. Pathfinders: labouring families before the Famine 5. Refugees from the Famine 6. Labouring families in the Famine's aftermath, 1852+ 7. Lace curtain Irish? The families of craft, clerical & service workers 8. Old soldiers and their families 9. The Irish in the shoe trade 10. The forgotten Irish: entrepreneurs and professionals 11. Divergent paths: the conclusions to be drawn Bibliography Index|
'In this remarkable book, the author gives colour and life to this non-descript place, and voice to generations of the type of people that do not ordinarily feature in history writing. A micro-study
- Irish -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.
- Irish -- Great Britain -- Social conditions -- 19th century.
- Immigrant families -- Ireland -- History -- 19th century.
- Great Britain -- Emigration and immigration -- History -- 19th century.
- SOCIAL SCIENCE / Discrimination & Race Relations
- SOCIAL SCIENCE / Minority Studies
- Emigration and immigration.
- Immigrant families.
- Irish -- Social conditions.
- Great Britain.