Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||xiv, 196 pages ; 22 cm|
|Contents:||History : how college-for-all became part of the American dream --
Sociology : human capital and meritocracy, race and class --
can we build a system that works for everybody? --
Economics : why college tuition is caught in a cost spiral, and how to stop it --
Computer science : open content, virtual-reality and smartphone classrooms, serious games, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and robotic telescopes --
Independent study : free and open-source education; vocational, experiential, and self-learning --
Commencement : what the transformation of the university might mean for the future of humanity --
Resource guide for a do-it-yourself education : a four part guide for the student who wants to hack her own education; includes a listing of web sites of organizations mentioned in the text.
|Other Titles:||Do-it-yourself U|
- Education, Higher -- United States.
- Educational change -- United States.
- College costs -- United States.
- Alternative education -- United States.
- Alternative education.
- College costs.
- Education, Higher.
- Educational change.
- United States.
- Alternative education / United States.
- College costs / United States.
- Education, Higher / United States.
- Educational change / United States.
User lists with this item (14)
- Things to Check Out(148 items)
by tjb122982 updated about 2 weeks ago
- Philosophy & Future of Higher Ed - Professor's Corner(67 items)
by cenm1929 updated 2015-07-01
- March 2015(97 items)
by 000340808 updated 2015-03-27
- college costs(44 items)
by sgass updated 2014-07-18
- Purpose of a University(10 items)
by happyinfopro updated 2014-01-31