Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Donald Campbell|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Other Titles:||Papers of Donald Campbell
Contains information pertaining to the following war: World War I -- Western Front.
Contains information pertaining to the following military units and organizations: 8th Machine Gun Battalion, 3rd Infantry Division; 343rd Infantry Regiment; XXXVIII (38th) Corps; Third (3rd) Army.
General description of the collection: The Donald Campbell papers include miscellaneous special orders, transfers, leaves, receipts, and recommendations for promotion pertaining to Donald Campbell while serving in Company A and as battalion operations officer of the 8th U.S. Machine Gun Battalion during fighting in France and occupation of Germany. The one item written during his postwar duty in the 343rd is simply a summary of his wartime service. A few orders, including some battle orders, of the 8th's parent organizations, including the 3rd Division, XXXVIII Corps, and Third Army, are available too. Also, of more general utility are eight battle maps, one of them the fragment of a captured German map.
- Campbell, Donald -- Archives.
- United States. -- Army. -- Machine Gun Battalion, 8th.
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 343rd.
- United States. -- Army. -- Division, 3rd.
- United States. -- Army. -- Army, 3rd.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Campaigns -- France.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Maps.
- Germany -- History -- 1918-1933.
- United States. -- Army. -- Corps, XXXVIII.