Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
They document Morrison's activities in Minneapolis, including his Minnesota land purchases (1854), incorporation of the Minneapolis Mill Company (1856), subsequent water power leases, pine land acquisitions and logging (1860s), the Minneapolis Harvester Works (1860s), Minneapolis real estate (1870s), his cotton and flouring mills at the Falls of St. Anthony in Minneapolis (1870s), the Upper Mississippi Navigation Company, the Consolidated Elevator Company in Duluth, and his political activities.
Letters and legal and financial papers (1706-1844) also provide data on the Morrison and Whitmore families in Maine. Papers of his son Clinton detail Clinton's gifts (1900s-1910s) to the city of Minneapolis.
- Morrison family.
- Washburn family.
- Washburn, William D. -- (William Drew), -- 1831-1912.
- Whitmore family.
- Consolidated Elevator Company.
- First National Hotel (Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Minneapolis Harvester Works.
- Minneapolis Society of Fine Arts.
- Upper Mississippi Navigation Company (Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Agricultural machinery.
- Cotton manufacture -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis.
- Flour mills -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis.
- Industries -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis.
- Land use -- Registration and transfer -- Massachusetts.
- Land use -- Registration and transfer -- Minnesota.
- Lumbering -- Maine.
- Lumbering -- Minnesota.
- Manufactures -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis.
- Parks -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis.
- Real property -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis.
- Steam-navigation -- Mississippi River.
- Mississippi River -- Power utilization.