Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Renn Dickson Hampden|
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
E B Pusey; Renn Dickson Hampden; W Baxter; John Henry Parker; Rivingtons (Firm),; Church of England.
|Notes:||Preface signed: "E. B. Pusey. Christ Church, March 12."
An attack on Hampden's theological and doctrinal views at a time when a group of Oxford High-churchmen and tories (including Pusey) were attempting to persuade Convocation to remove him as Regius Professor of Divinity.
Includes parallel quotations from Hampden's works and the Thirty-nine articles.
|Description:||xlii, 62 pages ; 8°|
|Responsibility:||by a resident member of Convocation ; with a preface and propositions extracted from his works.|
- Hampden, Renn Dickson, -- 1793-1868.
- Church of England. -- Thirty-nine Articles.
- Church of England -- Controversial literature.
- University of Oxford -- Religion.
- Theology, Doctrinal -- History -- 19th century.
- Theology, Doctrinal -- England -- Oxford.
- Liberalism (Religion) -- Church of England.
- Dissenters, Religious -- England -- Oxford.
- Oxford movement -- England -- Oxford.