|类型/形式：||Picture books for children
Cartoons and comics
Comic books, strips, etc
Biography Juvenile literature
Caricatures and cartoons Juvenile literature
Biography Comic books, strips, etc
|提及的人：||Allen Say; Allen Say; Allen Say|
|ISBN:||9780545176866 0545176867 9780545176873 0545176875 9781451715460 1451715463 9780329913663 0329913662|
|注意：||Gift of Kappa Delta Pi, Alpha Delta Omega Chapter International Honor Society in Education.|
|奖励：||Sibert Honor Book, 2012.
Notable Social Studies Trade Books for Young people, 2012.
|目标对象：||Middle School; 560|
|描述：||63 pages : illustrations (some color), color map ; 28 cm|
"Caldecott Medalist Allen Say presents a stunning graphic novel chronicling his journey as an artist during WWII, when he apprenticed under Noro Shinpei, Japan's premier cartoonist. Drawing from memory is Allen Say's own story of his path to becoming the renowned artist he is today. Shunned by his father, who didn't understand his son's artistic leanings, Allen was embraced by Noro Shinpei, Japan's leading cartoonist and the man he came to love as his "spiritual father." As WWII raged, Allen was further inspired to consider questions of his own heritage and the motivations of those around him. He worked hard in rigorous drawing classes, studied, trained--and ultimately came to understand who he really is. Part memoir, part graphic novel, part narrative history, DRAWING FROM MEMORY presents a complex look at the real-life relationship between a mentor and his student. With watercolor paintings, original cartoons, vintage photographs, and maps, Allen Say has created a book that will inspire the artist in all of us"--
- Say, Allen -- Juvenile literature.
- Illustrators -- Japan -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- Illustrators -- United States -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- Japanese American artists -- Caricatures and cartoons -- Juvenile literature.
- Graphic novels.
- Say, Allen -- Cartoons and comics.
- Japanese American artists -- Cartoons and comics.
- Illustrators -- Japan -- Biography.
- JUVENILE NONFICTION -- People & Places -- Other.
- JUVENILE FICTION -- Family -- General (see also headings under Social Issues)
- Say, Allen -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Japanese American artists -- Biography -- Comic books, strips, etc.