|提及的人：||Roger Casement; Roger Casement|
Mario Vargas Llosa; Edith Grossman
|ISBN:||9780374143466 0374143463 9780374533694 0374533695|
|注意：||"Originally published in Spanish in 2010 by Alfaguara Ediciones, Spain, as El sueño del Celta."|
|描述：||358 pages ; 24 cm|
|其他題名：||Sueño del Celta.|
|責任：||Mario Vargas Llosa ; translated from the Spanish by Edith Grossman.|
"In 1916, the Irish nationalist Roger Casement was hanged by the British government for treason. Casement had dedicated his extraordinary life to improving the plight of oppressed peoples around the world--especially the native populations in the Belgian Congo and the Amazon--but when he dared to draw a parallel between the injustices he witnessed in African and American colonies and those committed by the British in Northern Ireland, he became involved in a cause that led to his imprisonment and execution. Ultimately, the scandals surrounding Casement's trial and eventual hanging tainted his image to such a degree that his pioneering human rights work wasn't fully reexamined until the 1960s."--Jacket.
- Casement, Roger, -- 1864-1916 -- Fiction.
- Consuls -- Great Britain -- Fiction.
- Irish fiction -- Great Britain.
- Irish -- Foreign countries -- History -- Fiction.
- Human rights -- Fiction.
- Imperialism -- Fiction.
- Ireland -- Politics and government -- 1910-1921 -- Fiction.
- Casement, Roger, -- 1864-1916.
- Human rights.
- Irish fiction.
- Irish -- Foreign countries.
- Politics and government.
- Great Britain.
- Mar_2013 Luria Library New Titles(200 資料)
由 sschuah 已更新 2013-05-15
- Novels to read(205 資料)
由 djnevin 已更新 2015-04-06
- New Books January 2013(120 資料)
由 BrookensLibrary 已更新 2013-04-18
- Spanish Literature(5 資料)
由 lonabi 已更新 2013-12-17
- Most popular additions for December 2012(100 資料)
由 jamesfitch 已更新 2013-01-01