Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|Genre/Form:||Speeches, addresses, etc., American
|Named Person:||Peter H Dominick; Stephen L R McNichols; John A Love; John A Carroll|
|Material Type:||Audio book, etc., Sound recording, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File, Sound Recording|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Peter H Dominick; Stephen L R McNichols; John A Love; John A Carroll; John Jameson; Ken Bundy; Joel Edgerton; Jack Holden; Ken Lopez; Bill Walters; League of Women Voters (Fort Collins, Colo.); Colorado State University.; University of Denver. Penrose Library. Special Collections Department.
|In:||Dominick, Peter H. (Peter Hoyt), 1915-1981|
|Notes:||Title from accompanying materials.
"Editor's Day 10/6/62"--Handwritten on container.
Accompanying material includes the title of the program, where the recording was made, date of the program, running time of the tape, and the names of the participants and moderators.
|Credits:||"Tape recorded by Information Service, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado"--Slip inside container.|
|Cast:||Mrs. Udall, Mrs. Wilmarth, moderators ; Stephen L.R. McNichols, Governor of Colorado ; John A. Love, Attorney ; Peter H. Dominick, United States Representative ; John A. Carroll, United States Senator ; John Jameson, Editor, Englewood Herald ; Ken Bundy, Aurora Star ; Joel Edgerton, Greeley Journal ; Jack Holden, Loveland Daily Reporter-Herald ; Ken Lopez ; Bill Walters, KVRH.|
|Reproduction Notes:||Digital reproduction. Denver, Colo. : University of Denver, Penrose Library, 2006. 1 sound file in 2 formats : digital, wav (1,438,783,488 bytes) and mp3 (38,063,305 bytes) files. User system requirements: Computer with graphical browser and audio player software. Streamed 11.025 kHz sample rate, 16 Kbits/sec. data rate. Derived from an audio master digitized at 44.1 kHz, 24 bits per sample, mono. from a microfilm reel-to-reel tape. Digitized by Safe Sound Archive, Philadelphia; 2006. Equipment: Studer A80 playback machine; Prism Sound Dream ADA-8XR multi-channel 24bit/192kHz Analog Digital Converter; Intel Celeron 1.8 GHz/224 MB RAM PCs with FireWire hard drive and M-Audio Delta Audiophile internal sound card; external FireWire hard drive. Software: Steinberg WaveLab 4.0 Audio Editing and Mastering Software. Sound recording file name: DUdomi085-oh-30.wav. For rights statement see: http://www.penlib.du.edu/about/collections/specialcollections/copyri.cfm.|
|Event notes:||Recorded Oct. 6, 1962 at Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colo.|
|Description:||1 audiotape reel (1 hr., 30 min., 37 sec.) : analog, 7 1/2 ips, 1 track, mono ; 7 in.|
|Other Titles:||Editors day at Colorado State University|
Congressman Peter H. Dominick (R-Colo.) participates in Editors' Day, a political forum sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Fort Collins, Colo., at Colorado State University on Sat., Oct. 6, 1962. The forum was held to acquaint Colo. voters with the Colo. gubernatorial candidates, incumbent Gov. Stephen L.R. McNichols (D) and Attorney John A. Love (R), and the U.S. Senatorial candidates, Rep. Dominick and incumbent Sen. John A. Carroll (D). Each candidate gives a 12 minute speech and answers audience questions covering topics including the growth of Colorado's budget and economy, spending on higher education in Colorado, excessive taxation at the state level, the negative impact of a centralized government on free enterprise and individual liberties, reductions in federal income taxes and decreases in government spending, increasing government efficiency, U.S. foreign policy, whether the candidate would accept or reject the support of the John Birch Society, Colorado highway construction, workmen's compensation benefits in Colorado, civil rights and communist military buildup in Cuba.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Dominick, Peter H. -- (Peter Hoyt), -- 1915-1981 -- Interviews.
- McNichols, Stephen L. R. -- (Stephen Lucid Robert), -- 1914-1997 -- Interviews.
- Love, John A., -- 1916- -- Interviews.
- Carroll, John A. -- (John Albert), -- 1901-1983 -- Interviews.
- United States. -- Congress -- Elections, 1962.
- Colorado. -- Governor -- Elections.
- Governors -- Colorado -- Interviews.
- Legislators -- United States -- Interviews.
- Political candidates -- Colorado -- Interviews.
- Political campaigns -- Colorado.
- Budget -- Colorado.
- Education, Higher -- Colorado.
- Taxation -- United States -- States.
- Decentralization in government -- United States.
- United States. -- Congress -- Appropriations and expenditures.
- Income tax -- United States.
- Government spending policy -- United States.
- Fiscal policy -- United States.
- Executive departments -- United States -- Management.
- Administrative agencies -- United States -- Management.
- United States -- Foreign relations.
- John Birch Society.
- Express highways -- Colorado -- Design and construction.
- Civil rights -- United States.
- Workers' compensation -- Colorado.
- Military bases, Soviet -- Cuba.
- Colorado -- Politics and government -- 1951-
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century.