Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Grace Kao; Elizabeth Vaquera; Kimberly A Goyette
|ISBN:||9780745648323 0745648320 9780745648316 0745648312|
|Description:||v, 225 pages : illustrations ; 21 cm.|
|Contents:||Education and the American dream --
Becoming American (or not) : paths to assimilation --
Historical overview of immigration --
Educational attainment and socioeconomic status of immigrant adults --
Educational achievement and outcomes of children in immigrant families --
Language and educational success.
|Series Title:||Immigration & society.|
|Responsibility:||Grace Kao, Elizabeth Vaquera, and Kimberly Goyette.|
"Public debates about immigration become more contentious by the day. Yet, far too often, this debate is based on myth, assumption, and conjecture rather than sound scientific evidence. With this
- Children of immigrants -- Education -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Education -- Demographic aspects -- United States.
- Immigrants -- Education -- United States.
- Children of immigrants -- Education.
- Education -- Demographic aspects.
- Immigrants -- Education.
- United States.