Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Andrew Lockyer; Bernard R Crick; John Annette
|Description:||1 vol. (IX-178 p.) ; 23 cm.|
|Contents:||Contents: Introduction and review, Andrew Lockyer; The English citizenship order 1999: context, content and presuppositions, Bernard Crick; Citizenship education: reproductive and remedial, Geraint Parry; Two dilemmas of citizenship education in pluralist societies, Will Kymlicka; Citizenship education: anti-political culture and political education in Britain, Elizabeth Frazer; Aims in citizenship education: responsibility, identity, inclusion, Graham Haydon; Citizenship education and multiculturalism, David Archard; Citizenship education and gender, Madeleine Arnot; The political status of children and young people, Andrew Lockyer; Community, politics and citizenship education, John Annette; Teaching controversial issues in citizenship education, Terence McLaughlin; Developing education for citizenship, Ian Davies; Index.|
|Responsibility:||Edited by Andrew Lockyer,... Bernard Crick,... John Annette,....|
'...this collection of essays, which brings together many of the key thinkers in citizenship education, underlines both the importance and the complexity of introducing citizenship to the school
- Éducation civique -- Grande-Bretagne.
- Citoyenneté -- Grande-Bretagne.
- Education for citizenship and the teaching of democracy in schools.
- Citizenship -- Study and teaching -- Great Britain.
- Democracy -- Study and teaching -- Great Britain.
- Citoyenneté$xÉtude et enseignement -- Grande-Bretagne.
- Démocratie -- Étude et enseignement -- Grande-Bretagne.
- Éducation civique.
- Citizenship -- Study and teaching.
- Democracy -- Study and teaching.
- Great Britain.