Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Bradford family.; Hickey family.; Dabney family.|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Edward H Bradford; Bradford family.; Charles Frederick Bradford; Eliza Edes Hickling Bradford; Charles Edward Hickling; George H Bradford; Hickling family.; Augustus P Peabody
|Description:||1 box and 4 volumes in cases|
The collection includes are letters of Bradford's uncle, Charles Edward Hickling while serving in the Massachusetts 45th Infantry Regiment in the Carolinas, 1862, and later as a resident of Horta City on Fayal Island in the Azores, 1865-66. Also, correspondence with his parents Charles Frederick Bradford and Eliza Edes Hickling, and other letters to and from Hickling, discussing his activities, health, associations with the Dabney family, descriptions of New England friends, and reports of incoming vessels to Horta.
Also included are several volumes kept by Bradford's father Charles Frederick Bradford, 1825-39, regarding voyages in the brig John Gilpin to South America and China, on behalf of Thomas Handasyd Perkins and Company of Boston. Records include invoices, an account book for 1825-1839, and fabric samples in the form of 'muster cards, ' documenting the sales and purchases of fabric, status of the textile industry in South America, and exchange rate calculations for various countries.
- Bradford family.
- Hickey family.
- Thomas Handasyd Perkins and Company.
- John Gilpin (Brig)
- United States. -- Army. -- Massachusetts Infantry Regiment, 45th (1862-1863)
- Merchants -- Massachusetts -- Boston.
- Merchant ships.
- Physicians -- Massachusetts -- Boston.
- Voyages and travels.
- Boston (Mass.) -- Commerce -- South America.
- Boston (Mass.) -- Commerce -- China.
- China -- Commerce -- Massachusetts -- Boston.
- Faial Island (Azores)
- Europe -- Description and travel.
- South America -- Commerce -- Massachusetts -- Boston.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories.
- Dabney family.
- Textile fabrics -- Sample books.
- Medicine -- Study and teaching.