Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Mecklenburg, Virginia M. (Virginia McCord), 1946-
New York : W.W. Norton, c1999
|Named Person:||Edward Hopper; Edward Hopper; Edward Hopper; Edward Hopper; Edward Hopper|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Virginia M Mecklenburg; Edward Hopper; Margaret Lynne Ausfeld; National Museum of American Art (U.S.); Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts.
|ISBN:||0393048497 9780393048490 0937311588 9780937311585 093731157X 9780937311578|
|Notes:||Catalog of an exhibition held at the National Museum of American Art, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, D.C., Oct. 22, 1999-Jan. 3, 2000, and at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts, Montgomery, Ala., Jan. 30 - Mar. 26, 2000.|
|Description:||181 p. : col. ill. ; 31 cm.|
|Contents:||Parisian evenings and New York corners --
Old houses and immigrant fishermen --
Coast Guard cottages and Civil War cannon --
Discovering Cape Cod --
Home of their own and Mexico too.
|Responsibility:||by Virginia M. Mecklenburg ; with contributions by Margaret Lynne Ausfeld ; National Museum of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.|
Together that summer Hopper and Jo turned their backs on Gloucester Harbor and the forest of easels set up to depict that most popular of scenes. Instead they explored the back streets and outlying areas, discovering and painting the homes of sea captains and immigrant laborers, Coast Guard stations, and lighthouses.".
"Virginia Mecklenburg, senior curator at the National Museum of American Art, and Margaret Lynne Ausfeld curator at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts, offer us in this volume the unique treatment of this aspect of Hopper's work as a coherent whole. In the watercolors we see a different facet of Hopper than the one we are accustomed to from his oils, for which be is better known today."--BOOK JACKET.
- Hopper, Edward, -- 1882-1967 -- Exhibitions.
- Hopper, Edward, -- 1882-1967 -- Catalogues
- Watercolor painting, American -- Exhibitions.
- Watercolor painting -- 20th century -- United States -- Exhibitions.
- Aquarelle américaine -- Expositions
- Aquarelle -- 20e siècle -- États-Unis -- Expositions
- Hopper, Edward -- (1882-1967) -- Catalogues d'exposition.
- Washington -- Expositions -- 1999-2000.
- Montgomery -- Expositions -- 2000.
- Hopper, Edward, -- 1882-1967.
- Watercolor painting, American.