Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Bills (legislative records)
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Edward John Thye
|Notes:||Related materials: See also Minnesota. Governor (1943-1947 : Thye): various series in the Minnesota State Archives.|
|Description:||39.25 cu. ft. (38 boxes, 1 oversize folder, 1 folder in Reserve Collection)|
The papers emphasize Minnesota issues, projects, events, communities, and agricultural topics; U.S. Department of Agriculture programs and the work of the Senate Agriculture Committee; military bases and facilities, Minnesota defense contracts, activities of the U.S. Department of Defense, and related topics; Indian affairs, especially community facilities, programs, and services for Minnesota Indians; Minnesota post offices, airport facilities, and air services; and the work of the Senate Select Committee on Small Business (1953-1958), especially regarding assistance to Minnesota businesses.
There are substantial files relating to waterway improvements, including Minnesota floods (from 1940), watershed and flood protection and control, reservoirs and dams, especially projects of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in Minnesota and the upper Midwest.
Other files cover general political and Republican party matters, the 1952 presidential campaign, and Thye's own publicity activities, speeches, statements, and 1952 Senate campaign.
- Republican Party (Minn.)
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- )
- United States. -- Army. -- Corps of Engineers.
- United States. -- Civil Aeronautics Board.
- United States. -- Congress. -- Senate. -- Committee on Appropriations.
- United States. -- Congress. -- Senate. -- Select Committee on Small Business.
- United States. -- Department of Agriculture.
- United States. -- Department of Commerce.
- United States. -- Department of Defense.
- United States. -- Department of Health, Education, and Welfare.
- United States. -- Department of the Interior.
- United States. -- Federal Communications Commission.
- United States. -- Federal Housing Administration.
- United States. -- Federal Power Commission.
- United States. -- Federal Trade Commission.
- United States. -- Social Security Administration.
- United States. -- Veterans Administration.
- Agricultural laws and legislation -- United States.
- Business enterprises -- Minnesota.
- Political campaigns -- Minnesota.
- Flood control -- Minnesota.
- Indians of North America -- Minnesota.
- Legislation -- United States.
- Postal service -- Minnesota.
- Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 1952.
- Small business -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- United States -- Politics and government.
- Minnesota -- Politics and government -- 1945-1980.