Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Paul Muldoon; Robert Bridges; Philip Sidney; Matthew Arnold; Matthew Arnold; Robert Bridges; Paul Muldoon; Philip Sidney|
|Document Type:||Sound Recording|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Edward T Cone; Mimmi Fulmer; Cyrus Stevens; Scott Rawls; John Whitfield; Jayn Rosenfeld; Jeffrey Farrington
|Language Note:||Vocal works sung in English; text of the 2nd work by Paul Muldoon, texts of the 4th work by Robert Bridges, Sir Philip Sidney, and Matthew Arnold.|
|Notes:||The 1st work for violin and violoncello, the 3rd for flute and string trio. The 2nd and 4th works are songs, with piano (2nd work) or flute, viola and piano (4th work) acc.
Biographical and program notes, principally by the composer, and vocal texts (19 p.) inserted in container.
|Performer(s):||Mimmi Fulmer, soprano ; Cyrus Stevens, violin ; Scott Rawls, viola ; John Whitfield, violoncello ; Jayn Rosenfeld, flute ; Jeffrey Farrington, piano.|
|Event notes:||Recorded in Taplin Hall, Princeton University, the 1st work June 16, 1995, the remainder Nov. 12-13, 1994.|
|Description:||1 sound disc (61 min.) : digital ; 4 3/4 in.|
|Contents:||Duo for violin and 'cello (13:05) --
New weather : four songs to poems by Paul Muldoon (6:33) --
Serenade (21:16) --
Philomela : three nightingale songs (19:27).
|Other Titles:||New weather.
- Violin and cello music.
- Songs (High voice) with piano.
- Quartets (Flute, violin, viola, cello)
- Songs (High voice) with instrumental ensemble.
- Muldoon, Paul -- Musical settings.
- Bridges, Robert, -- 1844-1930 -- Musical settings.
- Sidney, Philip, -- 1554-1586 -- Musical settings.
- Arnold, Matthew, -- 1822-1888 -- Musical settings.
- Arnold, Matthew, -- 1822-1888.
- Bridges, Robert, -- 1844-1930.
- Muldoon, Paul.
- Sidney, Philip, -- 1554-1586.