Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Edwin Harrison Cady; Stephen Crane; William Dean Howells; William Dean Howells; William Dean Howells; Jay B Hubbell; John O Eidson; Mark Twain|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Edwin Harrison Cady
|Notes:||Partially processed collection. Cataloged from card catalog and accession records.|
|Description:||26881 items (44.3 lin. ft.)|
The addition (1992-0127) (20,000 items; dated 1955-1992) includes correspondence, research and teaching notes, writings, student offprints, card files, photostats, materials relating to the Center for Editions of American Authors, files relating to AMERICAN LITERATURE, printed matter, clippings, and other miscellaneous items. Correspondence includes letters from Jay B. Hubbell and John O. Eidson; the latter concern the American Literature Section of the Modern Language Association.
The addition (2002-0104) (1251 items, 6.8 linear feet; dated 1858-2000 and n.d. (bulk [ca. 1961]-2000) contains correspondence related to and drafts of writings by Cady and his former student Thomas F. O'Donnell regarding author, editor, and critic William Dean (W.D.) Howells. In addition, there is material concerning Cady's edited volume of Howells' poetry, PEBBLES, MONOCHROMES, AND OTHER MODERN POEMS, 1891-1916 (2000), original correspondence from Howells to his publishers; one reel of microfilm; and one color and one black-and-white photograph. This accession is unprocessed.
The addition (2004-0130) (250 items, 0.6 lin. ft.; dated [1940s]-[1990s]) consists of writings and research files reflecting Cady's work on Stephen Crane, Mark Twain, W.D. Howells, and others.
Addition (2010-0083) (300 items; 7.5 lin. ft.) includes books by and about William Dean Howells, most with annotations by Edwin Cady and Harry H. Clark, as well as materials (first proofs, drafts, and other Howells publications) that were used by Cady in the preparation of Howells' complete works. Books date from approximately 1881-1981; manuscript materials date from approximately 1879-1992.
- Cady, Edwin Harrison.
- Crane, Stephen, -- 1871-1900.
- Howells, William Dean, -- 1837-1920.
- Howells, William Dean, -- 1837-1920 -- Correspondence.
- Howells, William Dean, -- 1837-1920 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Hubbell, Jay B. -- (Jay Broadus), -- 1885-1979.
- Eidson, John O.
- Twain, Mark, -- 1835-1910.
- Modern Language Association -- American Literature Section.
- Center for Editions of American Authors.
- American literature -- Study and teaching.
- American poetry -- 19th century.
- Poetry, Modern -- 19th century -- History and criticism.
- Authors, American -- 19th century -- Criticism and interpretation.
- College teachers as authors.
- Scholars -- United States -- Correspondence.
- Literary historians -- United States.
- American literature -- History and criticism.