도서관에서 사본 찾기
해당항목을 보유하고 있는 도서관을 찾는 중
In art Exhibitions
|추가적인 물리적 형식:||Online version:
Ottawa : National Gallery of Canada ; Paris : Réunion des Musées Nationaux, c1994
|모든 저자 / 참여자:||
Jean-Marcel Humbert; Michael Pantazzi; Christiane Ziegler; National Gallery of Canada.; Musée du Louvre.; Kunsthistorisches Museum Wien.
|설명:||607 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.|
|내용:||From One Egyptomania to Another: The Legacy of Roman Antiquity / Christiane Ziegler --
Egyptomania: A Current Concept from the Renaissance to Postmodernism / Jean-Marcel Humbert --
Preamble / Michael Pantazzi --
1. Italy and the Grand Tour --
2. Absolutism and Enlightenment --
3. From Wedgwood to Thomas Hope --
4. Denon and the Discovery of Egypt --
5. The Return from Egypt --
6. The Development of Parallel Readings: 1815-1869 --
7. Egypt at the Opera --
8. Confirmations of Permanence: 1869-1910 --
9. Tutankhamun and Art Deco --
10. Cleopatra or the Seductions of the East.
|책임:||[authors of the catalog, Jean-Marcel Humbert, Michael Pantazzi, Christiane Ziegler].|
Egyptomania first appeared in Roman times, underwent a revival in the sixteenth century, and strengthened its hold in the eighteenth - its power to seduce the artistic imagination endures to our day. It numbers among its conquests Piranese, Hope, Turner, Wedgwood, Cartier, and Lalique. Ancient Egypt's fascination extends to all the arts : architecture, interior design, furniture, decorative arts, sculpture, painting, theatre, and film. No genre has escaped its influence.
The sheer scale of the movement defies any attempt at inclusivity. Egyptomania, an exhibition jointly organized by the National Gallery of Canada and the Musee du Louvre, offers a representative selection of masterworks from around the world.
They have been arranged side by side with several exceptional antique works, allowing us to consider the role of copy and interpretation, to follow the evolution of Egyptomania in relation to the progress of Egyptology, and above all, to admire the creative products of the phenomenon. Centuries pass and fashions change, but ancient Egypt continues to cast its spell with astonishing vitality and force.
- Egyptian revival (Art) -- Exhibitions.
- Art, Egyptian -- Influence -- Exhibitions.
- Egypt -- In art -- Exhibitions.
- Néo-égyptien (Art) -- Expositions.
- Art européen -- 18e siècle -- Expositions.
- Art européen -- 19e siècle -- Expositions.
- Art moderne -- Expositions.
- Égypte dans l'art -- Expositions.
- Beeldende kunsten.