|描述：||223 pages ; 20 cm|
Norman is the clever one of a close-knit Jewish family in the East End of London--infant prodigy, brilliant barrister, the apple of his parents' eyes--until at forty-one he becomes a drug addict, confined to his bedroom at the mercy of his hallucinations and paranoia. For Norman, his committal to a mental hospital represents the ultimate act of betrayal. For Rabbi Zweck, Norman's father, his son's deterioration is a bitter reminder of his own guilt and failure. Only Bella, the unmarried sister, still in her childhood white ankle socks, can reach across the abyss of pain to bring father and son the elusive peace which they both desperately crave.
- Jewish families -- Fiction.
- Jews -- England -- London -- Fiction.
- Jewish families.
- England -- London.
- Fiction in English, 1945- - Texts
- Award Winners in Fiction(106 資料)
由 cwilibrary 已更新 2014-04-30
- Man Booker Prize for Fiction (British Commonwealth)(47 資料)
由 dordtlibrary 已更新 2014-11-03