Early works to 1800
Agostino Dati; Martin, of Braga Saint; Prudentius; C.A. Stonehill, Inc.,; Pre-1650 Manuscript Collection (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library); University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Rare Book & Manuscript Library.
Layout: Written in 13-22 long lines, with contemporaneous marginal glosses throughout, occasionally obscured by trimmed edges. Frame-ruled throughout: in lead with single vertical lines from 1r-46v, in dry point with double vertical lines from 47r-78v; single vertical lines from 79r onward. Leaves blank but ruled at: 42r-47v, 78v, 90rv, and 112rv.
Script: Written in various hands of Gothic cursive, all dating to the late 15th century.
Decoration: Rubricated initials, paragraph marks, and underlining throughout.
Binding: Modern binding (19th-century?) over paper boards.
Origin: Presumably in Germany in the closing decades of the 15th century, as per the hands and the watermark, which corresponds to the family of watermarks identified by Briquet (e.g., nos. 15369, 15370, 15376), dating to the 1480s and 1490s in Germany (e.g., Landsberg, Eichstadt, and Rattenberg) and marked by the following features: a serpent coiled around a cross that protrudes from the top of a cattle head.
Provenance: Provenance: 1. Listed in catalog no. 120 of L. Rosenthal, 1910 -- 2. Purchased from C. A. Stonehill, 1950.
Shelf-mark: Urbana, IL, University of Illinois Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Pre-1650 MS 0103.
|物理形態：||112 leaves : paper ; 212 x 151 mm. bound to 220 x 157 mm.|
|コンテンツ：||1. fol. 1r-41r: [Elegantiolae (incomplete) / Agostino Dati] --
2. fol. 48r-78r: [Tractatus philosophicus (incomplete)] --
3. fol. 79r-85v: [Dittochaeon: "Eva columba fuit tunc candida, nigra deinde..." / Prudentius] --
4. fol. 86r-89v: [Hymni: Crux fidelis] --
5. fol. 91r-111r: [Formula vitae honestae / Martin of Braga].
- Christian literature, Latin -- Early works to 1800.
- Christian poetry, Latin -- Early works to 1800.
- Rhetoric, Medieval -- Early works to 1800.
- Manuscripts, Latin (Medieval and modern) -- Illinois -- Urbana -- Specimens.
- Manuscripts, Medieval -- Illinois -- Urbana -- Specimens.
- Christian literature, Latin.
- Christian poetry, Latin.
- Manuscripts, Latin (Medieval and modern)
- Manuscripts, Medieval.
- Rhetoric, Medieval.
- Illinois -- Urbana.