Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|Named Person:||Elias Carr; William Kearney Carr; Kemp P Battle; Carr family.|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||20 cubic feet (7,050 items)|
Correspondence reflects every aspect of Carr's career, especially his farm and business interests, the Farmers' Alliance, and political activities. Topics include cotton production and sales; textile manufacturing; farming organizations, such as the Farmers' Association, the North Carolina Farmers' Alliance, and the National Alliance; Democratic Party political interests; labor; the founding of the state Business Agency; Carr's campaign for governor; North Carolina governmental affairs, such as the North Carolina Shellfish Commission, the state penal system, railroads, education, and municipal improvements; free silver; the Republican Populist Fusion; the Vance Memorial Fund; agricultural matters; and his home, Bracebridge Hall, in Edgecombe County. Correspondents include Kemp P. Battle, Thomas J. Jarvis, and W. K. Carr. Other items include genealogical material; photographs of Carr, Bracebridge Hall, and the state hospital in Morganton; library catalog; record books; diaries; letterpress book containing copies of Governor Carr's outgoing correspondence; speeches and other materials from his term as president of the North Carolina Farmers' Alliance and as governor of North Carolina; financial papers; farm and dairy records from Bracebridge Hall; North Carolina Agricultural Experiment Station materials; clippings; and materials related to the North Carolina Railroad Company.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Carr, Elias, -- 1839-1900.
- Carr, William Kearney, -- 1860-1915 -- Correspondence.
- Battle, Kemp P. -- (Kemp Plummer), -- 1831-1919 -- Correspondence.
- Carr family.
- Populist Party (N.C.)
- Democratic Party (N.C.) -- History -- 19th century.
- North Carolina Farmers' Alliance -- History -- 19th century.
- North Carolina Agricultural Experiment Station.
- North Carolina Railroad Company.
- Inter-state Farmers' Association.
- National Farmers' Alliance and Industrial Union.
- Farmers' and Laborers' Union of America.
- U.S. Farmers Association.
- North Carolina. -- Governor.
- Rocky Mount Mills (Rocky Mount, N.C.)
- Dairying -- North Carolina -- Edgecombe County.
- Silver question.
- Agricultural laborers -- North Carolina.
- Railroads and state -- North Carolina.
- Educational law and legislation -- North Carolina.
- Cotton -- North Carolina.
- Tobacco -- North Carolina.
- Agriculture -- North Carolina -- History -- 19th century.
- Prisons -- North Carolina.
- Shellfish trade -- North Carolina.
- North Carolina -- Politics and government -- 19th century.
- Edgecombe County (N.C.) -- Genealogy.