|提及的人：||Elizabeth Ann Seton, Saint; Anna Maria Seton; Catherine Josephine Seton; Richard Bayley Seton; William Seton; Elizabeth Seton; Rose Stubbs; William R Fox; John Carroll; Louis William Valentine DuBourg; Jean Louis Aimé Madeleine Lefebvre de Cheverus; Simon William Gabriel 1779-1839 Bruté de Rémur; John Baptist Maria David; William Magee Seton; Antonio Filicchi; Amabilia Filicchi; Ambroise de Lombez; Eric Kalin|
|所有的著者/提供者：||Sisters of Charity (New York, N.Y.)|
|描述：||ca. 18 cubic ft.|
Included is Mother Seton's correspondence, ca.1803-1821, with family, friends, and clergymen concerning family matters and religious work. Correspondents include her children Anna Maria, Catherine Josephine, Richard, and William; Rose Stubbs; William R. Fox (concerning his children); John Carroll, Archbishop of Baltimore; Bishop John Cheverus; Bishop S.G. Bruté; Bishop John David, and William Dubourg, president of St. Mary's College, Emmitsburg, Md. Writings include Mother Seton's Italian journal, 1803, in which she describes her quarantine at Leghorn, the illness and death of her husband, William Magee Seton, and her stay with Antonio and Amabilia Filicchi, who were influential in Seton's decision to convert to Catholicism. Also, a volume of manuscript essays, "Interior Peace,", n.d., by Pére Lombez, translated and written out by Mother Seton. Collection includes a copy of William Magee Seton's will, 1803; and correspondence on miscellaneous topics, clippings, and portrait photographs, 1783-ca.1880's (a few are from the 1960's and 1970's) all by or about various relatives of Elizabeth Ann Seton. Also, letters from Elizabeth Seton (Mother Seton's mother-in-law) in England to her son William Magee Seton, 1783-1797. William was then working as a cashier at the Bank of New York.
- Seton, Elizabeth Ann, -- Saint, -- 1774-1821.
- Seton, Anna Maria, -- 1795-1812.
- Seton, Catherine Josephine, -- 1800-1891.
- Seton, Richard Bayley, -- 1798-1823.
- Seton, William, -- b. 1796.
- Seton, Elizabeth.
- Stubbs, Rose.
- Fox, William R.
- Carroll, John, -- 1735-1815.
- DuBourg, Louis William Valentine, -- 1766-1833.
- Cheverus, Jean Louis Aimé Madeleine Lefebvre de, -- 1768-1836.
- Bruté de Rémur, Simon William Gabriel, 1779-1839.
- David, John Baptist Maria, -- 1761-1843.
- Seton, William Magee, -- 1768-1803.
- Filicchi, Antonio.
- Filicchi, Amabilia.
- Ambroise de Lombez, -- 1708-1778.
- Kalin, Eric.
- New York World's Fair (1964-1965)
- Seton Literary Circle.
- Women -- Diaries.
- Women saints.
- Women and religion.
- Monasticism and religious orders for women.
- Livorno (Italy) -- Description.
- Rome (Italy) -- Religious life and customs.