Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|Named Person:||William Boxall, Sir; Charles Lock Eastlake, Sir; Elizabeth Eastlake; Elizabeth Eastlake|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Notes:||In Rare Book Literary and Historical Papers, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (#11017-z).|
|Description:||ca. 45 items.|
The collection contains frequent brief, personal letters, primarily 1867 and 1868, from Elizabeth Eastlake to Sir William Boxall concerning the interment of and monument to her husband; disposition of his library and private art collection, some of which went to the National Gallery; a handwritten guide to the National Gallery by Elizabeth Eastlake that an employee of Boxall's was transcribing; other writings by Lady Eastlake; and mutual friends and happenings in the art world, especially affairs at the National Gallery.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Boxall, William, -- Sir, -- 1800-1879.
- Eastlake, Charles Lock, -- Sir, -- 1793-1865.
- Eastlake, Elizabeth, -- 1809-1893.
- Eastlake, Elizabeth, -- 1809-1893. -- Five great painters.
- National Gallery (Great Britain)
- Artists -- England -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.
- Art museums -- England -- History -- 19th century.