|提及的人：||Archibald Lewis Bouton; W E B Du Bois; Herbert Hoover; Robert Underwood Johnson; Frank B Kellogg; Henry Mitchell MacCracken; John T Madden; Charles H Snow|
Elmer Ellsworth Brown; New York University. Chancellor's Office.
|描述：||47 linear ft.|
The records, consisting of administrative dcouments, correspondence, and clippings, document University administration, as well as Brown's interest in student affairs and his civic involvement with such arganizations as the American National Red Cross, the Boy Scouts of America, and the Salvation Army. The collection includes material related to NYU's involvement with government policy and military training during World War I, when the University's agreement to receive branches of the Student Army Training Corps at the University Heights campus and at the Medical College fulfilled Brown's desire for the University to meet its public responsibility and helped to save the school from financial ruin. Not much material discusses the role of women, although there is a folder of records relating to the Woman's Law Class. There is also discussion of anti-Semitism and racism at NYU, including correspondence with the NAACP and W.E.B. Du Bois. Other correspondents include Archibald Bouton, Herbert Hoover, Robert Underwood Johnson, Frank B. Kellogg, Henry M. MacCracken, John T. Madden, Charles H. Snow, and John W. Withers.
- Bouton, Archibald Lewis, -- 1872-1941.
- Du Bois, W. E. B. -- (William Edward Burghardt), -- 1868-1963.
- Hoover, Herbert, -- 1874-1964.
- Johnson, Robert Underwood, -- 1853-1937.
- Kellogg, Frank B. -- 1856-1937.
- MacCracken, Henry Mitchell, -- 1840-1918.
- Madden, John T. -- (John Thomas), -- 1882-1948.
- Snow, Charles H. -- (Charles Henry), -- 1863-
- United States. -- Army. -- Students' Army Training Corps.
- United States. -- Army -- Recruiting, enlistment, etc. -- World War, 1914-1918.
- American National Red Cross.
- Boy Scouts of America.
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
- New York University.
- New York University. -- Woman's Law Class.
- New York University -- History -- 20th century.
- New York University -- Faculty.
- Salvation Army.
- University College of Arts and Pure Science (New York University)
- Washington Square College.
- Discrimination in education.
- Discrimination in higher education.
- Greek letter societies.
- Social service -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Students -- Civil rights.
- World War, 1914-1918.