Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Emerson family.; Ingham family.|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Emerson family.; John Thatcher Clarke; Alfred Emerson; Edith Emerson; Edwin Emerson; George Hale Emerson; Harrington Emerson; Margaret Genevieve Emerson; Mary Ingham Emerson; Samuel D I Emerson; George Hale; Samuel D Ingham; William A Ingham; Gwendolen Penniman; Hilda Rose; Ogden N Rood; Gertrude Emerson Sen
|Language Note:||In French, German and shorthand.|
|Description:||13 linear ft. (37 boxes, 1 volume)|
Bulk of the collection is correspondence among members of the family in Europe, the U.S. and Japan, and with friends and colleagues. Topics include politics, current events, religion, archaeology, and business and economic trends. Also, diaries, 1860-1948, of Edwin, Mary and Margaret Emerson; accounts and account books, 1840s-1908; photographs; family records, 1870s-1890s; manuscripts and typescripts of Edwin and Alfred Emerson's writings, 1840s-1943; and some papers of the children of Alfred Emerson.
- Emerson family.
- Ingham family.
- Cornell University -- Faculty.
- Antiquities -- Collection and preservation.
- Archaelogy -- Study and teaching.
- Banks and banking -- Nebraska.
- Literature -- Study and teaching.
- Spanish-American War, 1898.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives.
- Europe -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.
- India -- Social life and customs.
- Japan -- Social life and customs -- 1868-1912.
- Nebraska -- Commerce.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- United States -- Economic conditions -- 1865-1918.
- United States -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.