Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Young adult fiction
|Named Person:||Apsley Cherry-Garrard; Edward Wilson; Robert Falcon Scott; Apsley Cherry-Garrard; Edward Wilson; Robert Falcon Scott; Apsley Cherry-Garrard; Edward Wilson; Robert Falcon Scott|
|Material Type:||Fiction, Secondary (senior high) school, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Notes:||"The weirdest bird's-nesting expedition that has ever been or ever will be"--Frontispiece.|
|Description:||xix, 217 p. : ill., maps ; 25 cm.|
|Contents:||Luckiest man alive: London to New Zealand, April to December 1910 --
Dying to get there: Southern Ocean, December 1910 --
White Christmas: Southern Ocean, December 1910 to January 1911 --
Seventy-seven South: Cape Evans, January to April 1911 --
Man-hauling in hell: Cape Evans to Cape Crozier, June to July 1911 --
Eggs: Cape Crozier, late July 1911 --
A long way home: Cape Crozier to Cape Evans, July to August 1911 --
Victory in defeat: Ross Island, the Barrier, and the Beardmore Glacier, October 1911 to November 1912 --
"What is the use?": The Berkeley Hotel, London, May 1959 --
Last words --
A scurvy note --
Maps: From New Zealand to the South Pole --
McMurdo Sound --
The winter journey --
Bill's map of Cape Crozier --
The polar journey --
Charts: The men of the "Terra Nova" Expedition --
Food and equipment for Cape Crozier --
How cold was it?
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
What an awesome book!
What an awesome book! Recommend for the next round of Battle of the Books titles. It is the account of Robert Scott's second journey to the south pole told from the view of Aspley Cherry-Garrard, the youngest member of the expedition. The author elected to write in the genre of fiction...
- Was this review helpful to you?
- Cherry-Garrard, Apsley, -- 1886-1959 -- Juvenile literature.
- Wilson, Edward, -- 1872-1912 -- Juvenile literature.
- Scott, Robert Falcon, -- 1868-1912 -- Juvenile literature.
- Cherry-Garrard, Apsley, -- 1886-1959.
- Wilson, Edward, -- 1872-1912.
- Scott, Robert Falcon, -- 1868-1912.
- Emperor penguin -- Juvenile literature.
- Explorers -- Antarctica -- Juvenile literature.
- Antarctica -- Discovery and exploration -- Juvenile literature.
- Emperor penguin.
- Antarctica -- Discovery and exploration.