Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Criticism, interpretation, etc
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version:
Huffman-klinkowitz, Julie, 1956-
Enchanted quest of Dana and Ginger Lamb.
Jackson : University Press of Mississippi, 2006
|Named Person:||Dana Lamb; Ginger Lamb; Dana Lamb; Ginger Lamb; Dana Lamb; Dana Lamb; Ginger Lamb; Dana Lamb; Ginger Lamb|
|Material Type:||Biography, Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Julie Huffman-klinkowitz; Jerome Klinkowitz
|Description:||1 online resource (xxxi, 260 pages) : illustrations|
|Contents:||Roots and rejections --
Enchanted vagabonds --
Spying for the boss --
Quest for the lost city --
Starring on stage and screen.
|Responsibility:||Julie Huffman-klinkowitz and Jerome Klinkowitz.|
"After releasing their best-selling book, Enchanted Vagabonds, the two became exactly that. They relentlessly lectured for the public and postured for the media until they were able to fund more exotic voyages to remote jungles and rivers. So convincing were they on the circuit that their most powerful fan, President Franklin D. Roosevelt, coerced J. Edgar Hoover into hiring the Lambs as spies in Mexico. After World War II they launched their Quest for the Lost City, which yielded another book and documentary. Other escapades, no less thrilling or marketable, filled the remainder of their astonishing lives."
"The Enchanted Quest of Dana and Ginger Lamb argues that the Lambs were geniuses of popular entertainment and the precursors to Animal Planet, the Travel Channel, and numerous documentary-format television shows. Drawing on historical records, the Lambs' books and letters, and recently declassified espionage documents, biographers Julie Huffman-klinkowitz and Jerome Klinkowitz show how the Lambs succeeded in marketing their conquests and films to armchair explorers around the world and how they became, in popular imagination, the quintessential American adventurers."--Jacket.
- Lamb, Dana, -- 1901-1979.
- Lamb, Ginger.
- Adventure and adventurers -- United States -- Biography.
- Explorers -- United States -- Biography.
- Lecturers -- United States -- Biography.
- Motion picture producers and directors -- United States -- Biography.
- Documentary films -- History and criticism.
- Lamb, Dana.
- BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY -- Historical.
- BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY -- Adventurers & Explorers.
- SCIENCE -- Earth Sciences -- Geography.
- TRAVEL -- Budget.
- TRAVEL -- Hikes & Walks.
- TRAVEL -- Museums, Tours, Points of Interest.
- TRAVEL -- Parks & Campgrounds.
- Adventure and adventurers.
- Documentary films.
- Motion picture producers and directors.
- United States.