|ISBN:||9780375504334 0375504338 9780812979671 0812979672|
|描述：||355 pages ; 25 cm|
A tall, yellow-haired young European traveller calling himself "Mogor dell'Amore," the Mughal of Love, arrives at the court of the real Grand Mughal, the Emperor Akbar, with a tale to tell that begins to obsess the whole imperial capital. The stranger claims to be the child of a lost Mughal princess, the youngest sister of Akbar's grandfather Babar: Qara Köz, 'Lady Black Eyes', a great beauty believed to possess powers of enchantment and sorcery, who is taken captive first by an Uzbeg warlord, then by the Shah of Persia, and finally becomes the lover of a certain Argalia, a Florentine soldier of fortune, commander of the armies of the Ottoman Sultan. When Argalia returns home with his Mughal mistress the city is mesmerised by her presence, and much trouble ensues. But is Mogor's story true? And if so, then what happened to the lost princess? And if he's a liar, must he die?--From publisher description.
- Women -- Mogul Empire -- Fiction.
- Women -- Italy -- Florence -- Fiction.
- Mogul Empire -- Kings and rulers -- Fiction.
- Mogul Empire -- Social conditions -- Fiction.
- Florence (Italy) -- Social conditions -- Fiction.
- Kings and rulers.
- Social conditions
- India -- Mogul Empire.
- Italy -- Florence.
- Women -- Mogul Empire.
- Women -- Italy -- Florence.
- Historical fiction.
- Mogul Empire -- Social conditions.
- Florence (Italy) -- Social conditions.
- Mogul Empire -- Kings and rulers.