William Ashworth; Charles E Little; Janice M Fowler
|描述：||vii, 600 p. : ill., maps ; 29 cm.|
|责任：||William Ashworth and Charles E. Little ; Janice M. Fowler, research associate.|
"Given the extraordinary amount of attention paid to issues involving the environment, students, researchers, and others interested in environmental science need a comprehensive source of accurate and clearly written information to address the issues that will affect the future of the planet." "Encyclopedia of Environmental Studies, New Edition is an expanded, up-to-date edition of the acclaimed encyclopedia and now features more than 4,000 A-to-Z entries - 1,000 more than previously - that reflect the diverse disciplines within the field of environmental studies. Influenced by current syllabi from university programs across the country, this edition's new and/or revised entries reflect the shift in emphasis from the scientific approach of 1980s environmental studies to the more issue-based approach that includes the social sciences and humanities. The authors, noted environmental writers and activists, include helpful information on key environmental issues, organizations, and personalities having an impact on the environmental movement."--BOOK JACKET.
- Environmental engineering -- Encyclopedias.
- Environmental protection -- Encyclopedias.
- Pollution -- Encyclopedias.
- Ecology -- Encyclopedias.
- Environnement, Technique de l' -- Encyclopédies.
- Environnement -- Protection -- Encyclopédies.
- Pollution -- Encyclopédies.
- Environmental engineering.
- Environmental protection.