Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Portraits Early works to 1800
Early works to 1800
|Named Person:||Benjamin Church; Charles Churchill; Philip, Sachem of the Wampanoags|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Benjamin Church; Thomas Church; Ezra Stiles; Paul Revere
|Notes:||First ed. published under title: Entertaining passages relating to Philip's War.
"And now my great age requiring my dismission from service in the militia, and to put off my armour, I am willing that the great and glorious works of almighty God, to us children of men, should appear to the world; and having my minutes by me, my son has taken the care and pains to collect from them the ensuing narrative ... ."--'To the reader,' signed (p. iv): Benjamin Church.
Portraits of Benjamin Church [i.e. Charles Churchill] and King Philip engraved by Paul Revere.
|Reproduction Notes:||Microfiche. Woodbridge, Conn. : Primary Source Microfilm, an imprint of Gale Group, 2002. 3 microfiches. (Selected Americana from Sabin's Dictionary of books relating to America ; fiches 41,434-41,436).|
|Description:||198,  p.,  leaves of plates : 2 ports. ; 19 cm.|
|Contents:||The life of Colonel Church --
|Series Title:||Selected Americana from Sabin's Dictionary of books relating to America, fiches 41,434-41,436.|
|Responsibility:||by Thomas Church.|
- King Philip's War, 1675-1676 -- History -- Early works to 1800.
- Church, Benjamin, -- 1639-1718 -- Portraits -- Early works to 1800.
- Churchill, Charles, -- 1731-1764 -- Portraits -- Early works to 1800.
- Philip, -- Sachem of the Wampanoags, -- -1676 -- Portraits -- Early works to 1800.
- Indians of North America -- Wars -- 1600-1750 -- Early works to 1800.
- United States -- History -- King William's War, 1689-1697 -- Early works to 1800.
- United States -- History -- Queen Anne's War, 1702-1713 -- Early works to 1800.