Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Benjamin Church; Benjamin Church; Philip, Sachem of the Wampanoags; Benjamin Church; Philip, Sachem of the Wampanoags; Benjamin Church; Philip, Sachem of the Wampanoags|
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Benjamin Church; Thomas Church; Ezra Stiles; Paul Revere
|Notes:||First edition has title: Entertaining passages relating to Philip's War ...
"And now my great age requiring my dismission from service in the militia, and to put off my armour, I am willing that the great and glorious works of almighty God, to us children of men, should appear to the world; and having my minutes by me, my son has taken the care and pains to collect from them the ensuing narrative ..."--To the reader, signed: Benjamin Church.
Portraits of Benjamin Church and King Philip engraved by Paul Revere. For comments on the portrait of Church see remarks of Charles Deane in Proceedings of the Massachusetts Historical Society 19 (1881-82): 243-245.
"The life of Colonel Church."--Page 195-198, written by Ezra Stiles, who is credited with editing this edition. Cf. Alden.
"Ode heroica ..."--Page , signed: Benj. Church, Sen. [son of Edward Church and grandson of Benjamin Church.].
|Description:||1 online resource (198,  pages,  leaves of plates) : portraits.|
|Contents:||The life of Colonel Church --
|Series Title:||ECCO database.|
|Responsibility:||by Thomas Church, Esq. his son.|
- Church, Benjamin, -- 1639-1718.
- Church, Benjamin, -- 1639-1718 -- Portraits.
- Philip, -- Sachem of the Wampanoags, -- -1676 -- Portraits.
- King Philip's War, 1675-1676.
- Indians of North America -- Wars -- 1600-1750.
- United States -- History -- King William's War, 1689-1697.
- United States -- History -- Queen Anne's War, 1702-1713.
- Philip, -- Sachem of the Wampanoags, -- -1676.
- Church, Benjamin, -- 1639-1718
- Philip, -- Sachem of the Wampanoags, -- -1676
- Indians of North America -- Wars.
- United States.