Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Early works to 1800
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Gaspar-Joseph Charonier; Johann Jakob Thourneyser; Collège de la Trinité (Lyon, France); Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania); French Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Notes:||The last emblem (XIII) is signed "Omnibus deditissimus Gaspar-Iosephus Charonier è Societate Iesu."
The text concludes with an unpaginated section of "devises", with 13 numbered, copperplate engravings, signed "T. Blanchet in." and "I.I. Thourneyser sc.", accompanied by Latin verses and French prose commentary.
Woodcuts: title page device; head- and tail-pieces; initials.
Signatures: A-E⁴ ²E².
Leaf E3 signed E2.
Last page blank.
|Description:||24,  p. : ill. ; 22 cm. (4to)|
- Collège de la Trinité (Lyon, France)
- College and school drama, French -- France -- Lyon -- Early works to 1800.
- Emblem books, French.
- Lyon (France) -- History -- In literature -- Early works to 1800.
- CHR 1668.
- PRO Bibliotheca Lindesiana (bookplate) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- College and school drama, French.
- France -- Lyon.