Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Criticism, interpretation, etc|
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Wyndham, George, 1863-1913.
Essays in romantic literature.
London, Macmillam and Co., 1919
|Named Person:||Plutarch.; William Shakespeare; Walter Scott; Plutarch.; Walter Scott|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
George Wyndham; Charles Whibley
|Notes:||"First edition January 1919; reprinted April 1919."
The first and last essays were originally published in 1910 and 1908 respectively. The others appeared first as prefaces or periodical articles. cf. Bibliographical note, p. vliii.
|Description:||xliii, 438 pages 23 cm|
|Contents:||The springs of romance in the literature of Europe.--The poetry of the prison [New review, March 1895]--Ronsard and la Pléiade.--North's Plutarch.--The poems of Shakespeare.--Elizabethan adventure in Elizabethan literature. [Fortnightly review, Nov. 1898]--Sir Walter Scott.|
|Other Titles:||Romantic literature.|
|Responsibility:||by George Wyndham; ed., with an introduction, by Charles Whibley.|
- Romances -- History and criticism.
- French poetry -- 16th century -- History and criticism.
- English literature -- Early modern, 1500-1700.
- Shakespeare, William, -- 1564-1616. -- Poems.
- Scott, Walter, -- 1771-1832.
- Poems (Shakespeare, William)
- English literature -- Early modern.
- French poetry.