Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Goatskin bindings (Binding)
Half bindings (Binding)
Marbled papers (Binding)
|Named Person:||Charles Girard; Napoleon, Emperor of the French; Napoleon, Emperor of the French|
|Material Type:||Biography, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Charles Girard; E Dentu
|Language Note:||In French.|
|Notes:||Preface signed and dated on page vi: C. Girard. Paris, le 30 novembre 1863.
With half title.
"Paris imprimerie de L. Tinterlin et Ce. Rue Neuve-des-Bons-Enfants, 3."--Verso of half title.
Bookplates: on front pastedown, with motto "Caritas justitia animis" and illegible autograph in ink; on front flyleaf, armorial with Griffin's head and motto "Vallet anchora virtus," belonged to Gardner family. Two bookplates on rear pastedown, one belonged to Richard D. Stewart, another to Charles R. Sanders, Jr., of Halifax County, Virginia.
Contemporary black/dark green half goatskin with blue stone marbled paper sides; spine divided by five false bands and double gold lines, titled direct; text edges and endpapers marbled, matching covers; worked headbands of light brown thread.
|Description:||viii, , 10-160 pages,  folded leaf of plates : color map ; 22 cm|
- Girard, Charles, -- 1822-1895 -- Travel -- Confederate States of America.
- Confederate States of America.
- Confederate States of America -- Description and travel.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Foreign public opinion -- French.
- Confederate States of America -- Politics and government.
- Charleston (S.C.) -- History -- Siege, 1863.
- Slavery -- Southern States.
- Napoleon -- III, -- Emperor of the French, -- 1808-1873 -- Relations with Americans.
- Napoleon -- III, -- Emperor of the French, -- 1808-1873
- Relations with Americans.
- United States -- Confederate States of America.