Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Barry L Bull; Royal T Fruehling; Virgie Chattergy
|Description:||ix, 211 p. ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||1. The Nature and Complexity of Issues in Multicultural and Bilingual Education. Schools and Cultural Difference. Facts, Ethics, and Cultural Difference. Jefferson High School. The Complexity and Difficulty of Multicultural Conflict. Applying Standard Ethical Perspectives. Cultural Relativism as a Way of Avoiding Disputes. The Search for Resolutions --
2. The Liberal Perspective. What Liberal Theory Is. Basic Interests and Institutions in Liberal Societies. Educating Children in Liberal Societies. Hardy School District. The Liberal Conception of Culture. The Dispute in Liberal Perspective. The Adequacy of Liberal Theory in Multicultural Contexts. A Review, of Liberalism's Adequacy --
3. The Democratic Perspective. What Democratic Theory Is. Basic Conditions and Institutions in Democratic Societies. Educating Children in Democratic Societies. La Esperanza Middle School. The Democratic Conception of Culture. The Dispute in Democratic Perspective. The Adequacy of Democratic Theory in Multicultural Contexts. A Review of Democracy's Adequacy --
4. The Communitarian Perspective. What Communitarian Theory Is. Basic Goods and Institutions in Communitarian Societies. Educating Children in Communitarian Societies. The Big Cypress Seminoles. The Communitarian Conception of Culture. The Dispute in Communitarian Perspective. The Adequacy of Communitarian Theory in Multicultural Contexts. A Review of the Adequacy of Communitarian Theory --
5. Concluding Reflections on Political Morality in Multicultural and Bilingual Contexts. A Comparison of the Perspectives. Why the Perspectives Are Inadequate. Strategies for Overcoming the Inadequacies --
6. Using and Analyzing Cases. Purposes for Using the Cases. Questions for Reflection and Discussion. Activities Involving the Cases. Choosing a Principal: A Sample Analysis of a Case --
7. Cases for Reflection and Discussion. Beyond Desegregation in Taylor City. Who Speaks for the Nguyens? A Language or a Thinking Problem? Two Letters of Recommendation. Gloria's Career Decision. Soon-Young's Divided Loyalties. Danny Kamaka's Future.
|Series Title:||Professional ethics in education series.|
|Responsibility:||Barry L. Bull, Royal T. Fruehling, Virgie Chattergy.|
- Multicultural education -- Moral and ethical aspects -- United States -- Case studies.
- Education, Bilingual -- Moral and ethical aspects -- United States -- Case studies.
- Multicultural education
- United States
- Enseignement bilingue -- Aspect moral -- États-Unis -- Cas, Études de.
- Éducation interculturelle -- Aspect moral -- États-Unis -- Cas, Études de.
- Education, Bilingual -- Moral and ethical aspects.
- Multicultural education -- Moral and ethical aspects.
- United States.
- Interkulturelle Erziehung