온라인으로 문서 찾기
이 항목에 대한 링크
도서관에서 사본 찾기
해당항목을 보유하고 있는 도서관을 찾는 중
|명시된 사람:||Eudora Welty; Virginia Woolf; Eudora Welty; Virginia Woolf; Eudora Welty; Virginia Woolf; Welty, Eudora <1909-2001> - Et la littérature.; Woolf, Virginia <1882-1941> - Influence.; Eudora Welty; Virginia Woolf; Eudora Welty; Virginia Woolf|
|자료 유형:||인터넷 자료|
|문서 형식:||책, 인터넷 자원|
|모든 저자 / 참여자:||
|설명:||xii, 158 pages ; 24 cm.|
|내용:||Introduction: "A Sweet Devouring" --
I. Qualified Pastorals: Delta Wedding and To the Lighthouse --
II. Historical Fantasies and Fantastic Histories: The Robber Bridegroom and Orlando --
III. Feminine Epics: Losing Battles and The Waves --
IV. Elegiac Carnivals: The Optimist's Daughter and To the Lighthouse --
V. Orality, Textuality, and Pleasure.
|일련 제목:||Southern literary studies.|
In each chapter, Harrison considers a pair of novels, one by Woolf and one by Welty, exploring the dialogues between the two works and illustrating a particular strategy used by these authors to appropriate and revise traditional masculine discourse. Most notable are their portrayal of women, experimentation with multivoiced narrative structures, incorporation of other genres into the context of their novels, and construction of new images of the female artist. To the Lighthouse, Delta Wedding, Orlando, The Robber Bridegroom, The Waves, Losing Battles, The Optimist's Daughter - Harrison covers all these novels, tracing in those by Welty a maturing artistic vision and independence.
By reading Eudora Welty in tandem with Virginia Woolf, Harrison locates Welty's fiction in the tradition of modernism and emphasizes Welty's interest in extending the boundaries of the novel as a genre - features of her work that are obscured by her categorization as a southern writer. Harrison succeeds in creating a new context - one of writers and literary trends outside the South - in which to read Welty's novels while also providing a new vantage point from which to regard Woolf's artistic achievement. Her book deserves the close attention of readers of Welty's and Woolf's fiction as well as scholars of feminist literary criticism, genre studies, and cultural studies.
- Welty, Eudora, -- 1909-2001 -- Knowledge -- Literature.
- Women and literature -- English-speaking countries -- History -- 20th century.
- Woolf, Virginia, -- 1882-1941 -- Influence.
- American fiction -- English influences.
- Literary form -- History -- 20th century.
- Welty, Eudora, -- 1909-2001 -- Et la littérature.
- Femmes et littérature -- États du Sud -- Histoire -- 20e siècle.
- Roman américain -- Influence anglaise.
- Genres littéraires.
- Welty, Eudora.
- Woolf, Virginia.
- Welty, Eudora <1909-2001> - Et la littérature.
- Woolf, Virginia <1882-1941> - Influence.
- Welty, Eudora, -- 1909-2001.
- Woolf, Virginia, -- 1882-1941.
- Femmes et littérature - États du Sud - Histoire - 20e siècle.
- Roman américain - Influence anglaise.
- Influence (Literary, artistic, etc.)
- Literary form.
- Women and literature.
- English-speaking countries.