Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Demetra M Pappas
|ISBN:||9780313341878 0313341877 9780313341885 0313341885|
|Description:||xxiii, 183 pages ; 25 cm.|
|Contents:||Medical euthanasia and assisted suicide: a twentieth-century issue --
1930s and 1940s: from the King of England to the Holocaust --
1950s: the first Anglo-American prosecutions for medical euthanasia and the resulting academic debate --
1960s-1980s: decriminalizing suicide and non-voluntary euthanasia of those in persistent vegetative states --
1990s and Jack "Dr. Death" Kevorkian: from physician-assisted suicide to medical euthanasia --
1990s: the non-Michigan parallel text of doctor prosecution and initial failed legislative efforts --
Legalizing and implementing physician-assisted suicide in Oregon in the 1990s and 2000s --
2000s: post-millennium case studies of state reactions to euthanasia and assisted suicide --
Concluding commentary --
Appendix: Table of cases, legislation, proposed legislation, and initiatives.
|Series Title:||Historical guides to controversial issues in America.|
|Other Titles:||Euthanasia debate
|Responsibility:||Demetra M. Pappas.|
"The Euthanasia/Assisted Suicide Debate is a thorough yet concise review of the history and development of medical euthanasia and assisted suicide... Part of Greenwood's Historical Guides to
- Euthanasia -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- Assisted suicide -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- Right to die -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- Euthanasia -- legislation & jurisprudence.
- Suicide, Assisted -- legislation & jurisprudence.
- Right to Die -- legislation & jurisprudence.
- United States.
- Assisted suicide -- Law and legislation.
- Euthanasia -- Law and legislation.
- Right to die -- Law and legislation.
- Suicide; -- assisted suicide; -- prosecution; -- physicians
- Euthanasia; -- prosecution