Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Documentaries and factual films and video
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Henry Hampton; Michael Ambrosino; Judith Vecchione; Jon Else; Orlando Bagwell; Steve Fayer; Julian Bond; Bernice Johnson Reagon; Blackside, Inc.; WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.); Public Broadcasting Service (U.S.); Peabody Collection. African-American History and Culture Programs.; Peabody Collection. Women's History and Culture Programs.
|Notes:||Broadcast date and additional credits supplied by Blackside, Inc.
Episode three of a six episode series.
Entry to the 1987 Peabody Awards, Documentary category.
Running time: 59:18.
"C1986 Blackside, Inc. all rights reserved"--End credits.
|Credits:||Editor, Jeanne Jordan; camera, Jon Else, Tom Kaufman, Bobby Shepard, Steve Ferrier; sound editor, Maryjo Wheatley; sound mixer, Richard Bock; theme music produced, arranged & performed by Bernice Johnson Reagon; [post-production supervisor, Cynthia Meagher Kuhn].|
|Performer(s):||Narrator, Julian Bond; [interviews with:] Leo Lillard, Diane Nash, Rev. C.T. Vivian, John Lewis, Bernie Schweid, Alice Walker, Harris Wofford, Coretta Scott King, James Farmer, Burke Marshall, John Patterson, John Seigenthaler, Floyd Mann, Frederick Leonard.|
|Awards:||Winner of a 1987 Peabody Award.|
|Description:||1 videocassette of 1 (VHS) (60 min.) : sd., col. and b&w sequences ; 1/2 in. arch master.|
|Other Titles:||Eyes on the prize (Television program).
Ain't scared of your jails, 1960-1961
|Responsibility:||a production of Blackside, Inc. ; WGBH Boston presents ; PBS ; executive producer, Henry Hampton ; consulting executive producer, Michael Ambrosino ; series senior producer, Judith Vecchione ; series producer, Jon Else ; producer, Orlando Bagwell ; writer, Steve Fayer.|
- African Americans -- Civil rights.
- College students -- Political activity -- United States.
- Civil rights movements -- Southern States -- History.
- Civil rights demonstrations -- Southern States -- History.
- Segregation in transportation -- Southern States.
- Discrimination in public accommodations -- Southern States.
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- Southern States -- Race relations -- History.
- Civil rights demonstrations.
- Civil rights movements.
- College students -- Political activity.
- Discrimination in public accommodations.
- Race relations.
- Segregation in transportation.
- Southern States.
- United States.